£9k - £12k + AAT Study Support (depending on experience)
20 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays)
Permanent, Full Time
Absence Protection is a market leading provider of staff absence insurance to the education sector. We have over 10 years’ experience in this sector and cover schools throughout the UK. The company runs out of two offices based in Knutsford and Northwich, with the Finance team being located at Gadbrook Park, Northwich.
Working in a busy accounts department, the successful candidate will be able to gain exposure to all functions of a finance office. As part of a team of three, this will be a hands-on role.
Day to day duties will include:
- Entering sales/purchase invoices onto the system
- Carrying out supplier payment runs
- Reconcile supplier statements
- Posting daily cash payments/receipts
- Perform Daily bank reconciliation
- Assisting with balance sheet reconciliations
- Assisting with month end – posting journals etc
- Holiday cover for other members of the finance team
- Any other Ad Hoc duties as requested.
This role is ideal for someone who is interested in gaining hands on experience to support them in pursuing a career in accountancy, whilst studying towards a professional qualification (AAT). We are offering a competitive salary and a supportive environment where you can learn and develop.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Minimum of 5 GCSE Grades A* to C, including Maths and English
- Highly numerate
- Strong IT skills, with experience of using Microsoft Excel (ideal but not essential)
- Previous Accounts Experience (ideal but not essential)
- Good Communication and Organisational skills
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and eager to learn with a professional attitude
Closing date for applications is Friday 10th November 2017.
If interested in this role please email CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org, or post to Absence Protection, Unit 9 Brunel Court, Rudheath Way, Northwich, Cheshire, CW9 7LP